Arri Master Prime T1.3 PL with incredible close focus capability are best described as perfect. Seriously these lenses are so good at everything that they are actually faultless. They are colour matched with the Arri Ultra Primes and the Arri Alura zooms. They are big and heavy though but it is a small price to pay. The only reason to use other lenses (apart from budget) is if you actually want a distinctive look from you lens. Perhaps you want a vintage look to create a softer image or you love lens flares then take a look at the gorgeous Zeiss Super Speeds or the Canon K35 primes.
It’ no surprise that these lenses are the standard for the film industry and you will love them.
The Master Prime lenses have been jointly developed by ARRI and ZEISS. They are both fast and have an optical performance surpassing that of all standard speed primes. Master Prime lenses open up new creative opportunities of film making.
- Unique high speed prime lenses with unprecedented resolution
- Virtually no breathing
- Master Prime lenses offer excellent optical performance across the whole T-stop range from T1.3 to T22
- The patented Dual Floating Elements technology eliminated breathing in the Master Prime lenses
- Uniform positions of iris and focus gears
- Built-in Lens Data System (LDS)